“What baby animal is called a hoglet? . . .”
Discover & Play with these hibernating animals. Hedgehogs, Mice, Tortoises and Ladybirds all have one thing in common when the weather turns cold and food is scarce. This kit contains the topic discovery work sheet as well as all the modelling and colour mixing information.
Everything you need, including googlie eyes, tools and accessories is included as well as plenty of FoamClay.
Follow the instructions with your children helping them to form the basic shapes of the models. There are size suggestions for the various parts of the models but dont worry there is always plenty of clay if they go a little over.
Encourage children to explore and make discoveries using the tools in the kit. Many of the tools will make many different types of marks and designs in the clay. Dont forget to have a camera ready to capture the creations, particularly if they are to be used during your observations. The photographs will become the documentation of the learning process. Children can reflect on what they made, how the clay felt, what they were thinking, what they noticed, what they discovered…
The FoamClay products will provide many hours of play. The children might use some of the materials in many new and novel ways. These materials are designed to provoke curiosity and exploration of new ideas.
Some of the benefits of FoamClay’s unique kits
- Topic discovery information and facts.
- Modelling and colour mixing information.
- Ready to complete, guided EYFS observation sheets. Save time and effort while enjoying these structured activities.
- The included activity plans for parents, grandparents, carers and childminders help the children explore the colours, texture and skills involved in creating these fantastic models.
- Mess Free, non toxic & non staining.
- Soft & light, doesnt need glue.
- Air dries naturally with super vibrant colours.
- Mixes like paint.
- Suitable from 36 months.